Monday, November 28, 2011
Metal Militia... Trivia
1. Metallica was the quintessence of 1980's speed metal. Bassist Cliff Burton, who was killed in 1986 as a result of a bus accident in Sweden, defined the art of heavy metal bass.
What band was he in when Lars Ulrich and James Hettfield recruited him?
2. What former Quiet Riot guitarist became a Metal Icon after his death...
3. W.A.S.P. was known for throwing what at their fans at concerts?Bonus: Blackie Lawless was struck unconcious at one of thier 80's concerts. ...what hit him?
Raw meat Bonus:Frozen Meat
4. How many years did KISS leave their makeup off?
5. Voivod made a name for themselves with their futuristic lyrics and unique music styles.
Voivod became popular with the cover song and accompanying video for a Pink Floyd track.
What was the name of this song that gained huge popularity on MTV's "Headbanger's Ball"?
6. In May of 2003, Phil Anselmo pretty much laid Pantera to rest by announcing that there are no plans for Pantera to play together "for quite some time" and that he would be putting all of his creative efforts into a new band. Do you know which band this is?
7. Kim Bendix Peterson is a Danish born singer who had moderate success as a solo artist and as the lead singer of a band.
His band released an album titled "Don't Break the Oath". As a solo artist, he released "Them".
By which name is this impressive singer more commonly known?
8. Trick question. What band had members Scott Ian, Charlie Benante, Dan Lilker and Billy Milano?
Stormtroopers of Death
9. What heavy metal legend came out of retirement and released his come back album in 1995.
He had two hit songs from this album called "Perry Mason", and "See You On The Other Side". Who is he?
10. What was the name of the collaboration Album of forty different metal stars of the 1980's
who came together to perform a song to benefit African poverty?
Hear N' Aid