1. Recording for both Stiff and Polydor records this London psychedelic band this band had many lineup changes consisting mainly members of The Deviants the Pretty Things and Hawkwind
[The Pink Fairies]
2. Founded in 1967 By Ronnie James Dio and his Cousin this early prog rock band painted themselves in green and wore costumes that echoed their conceptual name. They were eventually absorbed into the band Rainbow.
[The Elves aka The Electric Elves]
3. Most would alledge that Kurt Kobain owed a debt of songwriting to this unerwhelming pop 4-piece from Boson. While mostly "just OK", a generation of internet music fans believe them to be a significant part of the musical terrain of the 90's ...they had 2 good records "Doolittle" and "Surfer Rosa"
4."The Nutcraker Suite" by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky Features what kind of Fairy towards the begininng of act 2?
5. Possibly the worst lyrics of any Black Sabbath song, this song was allegedly written about a Skinhead fight that Ozzy Osbourne and Geezer Butler were involved.
[Faries Wear Boots]
6. Ohio Band Guided by Voices wrote the song "Kicker of Elves" for which of their classic albums?
7.What famous former New Orleanian Pianist (and former student of James Booker) wrote the song "The Happy Elf" for his 2003 Christmas record?
[Harry Connick jr.]
8. Sugar Frontman and Frank Black lookalike Bob Mould acknowlegd he stole the baseline from what iconic pixies tune for his band "Sugar"'s Debut album in the song "a Good Idea"
9. What Elephant Six collective band saw their 1995 ep "The Winter Hawk" feature contributions by members of The Olivia Tremor Control, Kevin Barnes of Of Montreal, and Jeff Mangum of Neutral Milk Hotel.
10. "Pixie" was a whimsical blues instrumental written by what tradional New Orleans pianist? Hint: it was featured on his classic album Junco Partner
[James Carroll Booker III]