1. The Beastie Boys Grammy-winning song "intergalactic" was released as the first single from their fifth studio album May 12, 1998. Name The "don't call it a comeback" album it was released on.
2. On his debut album Jimi Hendrix released a semi instrumental soundscape with the only vocals recorded at a higher speed than the music, thus slowing down the "lyrics" and making them it one of the true moments of back masking on a record in 1967. The title is an obvious reference to Earth... name this popular instrumental, not to be confused with a bad sitcom of similar name.
[3rd stone from the sun]
3.Of all the jazz musicians, Sun Ra was probably the most controversial because of his eclectic music and unorthodox lifestyle. Claiming that he was of the "Angel Race" and not from Earth, but from what planet? [Bonus] name the fictionalized Film based on Sun Ra's ideas and philosophy, featuring his Arkestra, filmed in 1972 and 1973 and released in 1974
[Saturn] [Bonus: "Space is the Place"]
4.What is the name of a rock musical encompassing songs of The B-52's. The plot involves a young girl who works in a dive bar called the "Love Shack." She is involved in a car crash that causes her to awake on Planet Topaz, where parallel versions of her friends back on Earth help her on a journey of self discovery before she is returned home.
5. a song by the English power pop/new wave group The Only Ones, the second track on their first album, The Only Ones, released in 1978. The song has since been covered by several other performers including Greg Kihn, The Replacements, Mighty Lemon Drops, Belle and Sebastian, and Blink 182
[Another Girl, Another Planet]
6. name the song by the Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) featured in the 1980 feature film Xanadu in a sequence with the film's stars Olivia Newton-John, Gene Kelly, and Michael Beck. The song also appears on the soundtrack album Xanadu, Released hot on the heels of the single "Xanadu" (a collaboration with Olivia Newton-John), this was the third Top 20 ELO single released from the 1980 soundtrack, peaking at #13 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100.
["All Over the World"]
7. These 3 guys knew what they were doing when they formed what band with drummer/actor Jason Swartzman (of future TV and Rushmore fame) back in 1994?
8. Kurt Cobain and the Melvin's Joe Preston were featured on the record "Sunn amps and Smashed Guitars". a "band' effort by Cobain's friend Dylan Carlson... name his band
9. What alternafave, ex-boyfriend of crazy Winona Ryder, released the song "Looking at the Sun" on his 3rd album "Girlfriend"?
10. a 1962 instrumental record performed by The Tornados. It was the first single by a British band to reach number one on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, and was also a number one hit in the UK. The record was named after the AT&T communications satellite, which went into orbit in July 1962. Name the song.